Eminem - Rap God Live

 Eminem - Rap God Live



​

[Intro]

Look, I was gonna go easy on you and not to hurt your feelings

자자, 원래 너한테 살살 하면서, 기분 안 나쁘게 하려고 했어

​

But I'm only going to get this one chance

하지만 기회는 딱 이번 한 번 뿐일거란 말야

​

Something's wrong, I can feel it (Six minutes, Slim Shady, you're on)

뭔가 잘못됐어, 느껴져 (6분이다, Slim Shady, 시작해)

​

Just a feeling I've got, like something's about to happen, but I don't know what

그냥 느껴지는 건데, 뭔가 일어날 거 같은데, 그게 뭔지는 모르겠어

​

If that means, what I think it means, we're in trouble – big trouble

만약 그게 내가 생각하는 그걸 의미한다면, 문제가 생긴 거야 - 큰 문제

​

and if he is as bananas as you say, I'm not taking any chances

만약 그가 니가 말하는 것처럼 미친 놈이라면, 괜히 위험 감수 안 할래

​

You were just what the doctor ordered

넌 딱 '닥터'가 주문했던 그대로구나

​

[Hook 1]

I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God

뭔가 랩신이 된 거 같다고 느껴, 느껴

​

All my people from the front to the back nod, back nod

앞에서 뒤에까지 사람들은 모두 끄덕, 끄덕

​

Now who thinks their arms are long enough to slapbox, slapbox?

혹시 나랑 권투로 붙을만큼 팔이 길다고 생각하는 사람, 사람?

​

They said I rap like a robot, so call me Rapbot

사람들은 내가 로봇처럼 랩한대, 그러니 랩봇이라 불러

​

​

[Verse 1]

But for me to rap like a computer must be in my genes

하지만 컴퓨터처럼 랩하게 된 건 아마도 유전자 (genes)/청바지 (jeans) 탓이겠지

​

I got a laptop in my back pocket

뒷주머니에 노트북을 넣어놨거든

​

My pen'll go off when I half-cock it

반만 장전해도 내 펜은 발사돼

​

Got a fat knot from that rap profit

랩으로 얻은 돈뭉치가 꽤나 빵빵해

​

Made a living and a killing off it

그걸로 먹고 살고 죽여보기도 했지

​

Ever since Bill Clinton was still in office

빌 클린턴이 집무실에서 르윈스키랑

​

With Monica Lewinsky feeling on his nut-sack

그놈의 거시기 느낌을 즐기고 있을 때부터 말야

​

I'm an MC still as honest

난 여전히 솔직한

​

But as rude and indecent as all hell

허나 존나게 무례하고 지저분한 MC

​

Syllables, killaholic (Kill 'em all with)

음절들, 살인광 (다 죽여버릴게)

​

This slickety, gibbedy, hibbedy hip hop

이 깔끔한, gibbedy, hibbedy 힙합으로

​

You don't really wanna get into a pissing match with this rappidy rap

이 랩하고 말싸움 붙는 건 절대 니가 원치 않을 일

​

Packing a Mac in the back of the Ac, pack backpack rap, yep, yackidy-yac

Acura 뒤쪽에 장총을 싣네, 백팩 랩, yep, yackidy-yac

​

And at the exact same time

그리고 정확히 동시에

​

I attempt these lyrical acrobat stunts while I'm practicing that

그걸 연습하면서 가사적으로 곡예 스턴트를 시도해

​

I'll still be able to break a motherfuckin' table

여전히 게이 새끼들 두어명 등 뒤로

​

Over the back of a couple of faggots and crack it in half

테이블을 날려 반으로 쪼갤 수 있을거야

​

Only realized it was ironic I was signed to Aftermath after the fact

방금에야 깨달았지, 아이러니하게도 난 Aftermath랑 계약을 맺었단 걸, 사실

(Aftermath는 원래 "폭발 등이 있은 후의 잔해, 폐허" 등을 뜻하며, 다음 줄과 이어지는 펀치라인입니다)

​

How could I not blow? All I do is drop F-bombs, feel my wrath of attack

어떻게 내가 blow (뜨다/터지다) 못 했겠어? 항상 F-bomb을 떨어뜨렸잖아, 분노의 공격을 느껴봐

(F-bomb - 안 어울리는 상황에 "fuck"을 사용하는 것을 폭탄에 비유하여 쓰는 단어. 위의 "Aftermath" 펀치라인과 이어짐)

​

Rappers are having a rough time period, here's a maxipad

래퍼들은 꽤나 힘든 period (시기/생리)를 보내고 있어, 여기 생리대야

​

It's actually disastrously bad for the wack

사실 머저리들에겐 재앙이랄만큼 나쁜 일

​

While I'm masterfully constructing this masterpiece as

나는 그동안 능숙하게도 이 걸작을 만들어내

​

​

[Hook 2]

I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God

뭔가 랩신이 된 거 같다고 느껴, 느껴

​

All my people from the front to the back nod, back nod

앞에서 뒤에까지 사람들은 모두 끄덕, 끄덕

​

Now who thinks their arms are long enough to slapbox, slapbox?

혹시 나랑 권투로 붙을만큼 팔이 길다고 생각하는 사람, 사람?

​

Let me show you maintaining this shit ain't that hard, that hard

이런 걸 유지하는 게 그리 어렵지 않다는 걸 보여줄게, 보여줄게

​

​

[Verse 2]

Everybody want the key and the secret to rap immortality like I have got

모두들 내가 가진 것 같은 랩 불멸의 열쇠와 비밀을 원해

​

Well, to be truthful the blueprint's simply rage and youthful exuberance

흠, 사실 청사진이라면 단순히 분노와 젊음에 가득찬 에너지

​

Everybody loves to root for a nuisance

모두들 골칫덩이를 찾는 일을 좋아하잖아

​

Hit the earth like an asteroid, did nothing but shoot for the moon since

운석처럼 지구를 강타해, 그 다음엔 달을 향해 쏘아대기만 했지

​

MC's get taken to school with this music

MC들은 이 음악으로 학교로 끌려가

​

Cause I use it as a vehicle to bust a rhyme

난 이것을 라임을 터뜨리기 위한 수송 수단으로 사용하거든

​

Now I lead a new school full of students

이제는 학생들로 가득찬 새로운 학교를 이끄네

​

Me? I'm a product of Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, 2Pac N-

나? 나는 Rakim, Lakim Shabazz, 2pac,

​

-W.A, Cube, hey, Doc, Ren, Yella, Eazy, thank you, they got Slim

N.W.A., Ice Cube, Dr.Dre, MC Ren, Yella, Eazy-E의 산물, 고마워, 저들에겐 Slim이 있어

​

Inspired enough to one day grow up, blow up and be in a position

충분히 영감을 받아 언젠가 다 커서, 성공하고 Run DMC를 만나

​

To meet Run DMC and induct them into the motherfuckin' Rock n'

Roll Hall of Fame

그들을 락큰롤 명예의 전당에 직접 입성시킬만한 위치에 자리매김하게 해줘

​

Even though I walk in the church and burst in a ball of flames

나는 교회에 들어가면 불덩이가 되어 폭발하지만

​

Only Hall of Fame I be inducted in is the alcohol of fame

내가 들어갈 수 있는 명예의 전당이라면 유명세의 알코올

​

On the wall of shame

그것도 창피함의 벽 위에

​

You fags think it's all a game 'til I walk a flock of flames

니네들 새끼들은 이게 게임이라 생각하지, 내가 불꽃을 끌고

(walk a flock of flames는 "Waka Flocka Flame"과 발음이 같죠. flame은 게이라는 뜻도 있다는 군요)

​

Off of planking, tell me what in the fuck are you thinking?

판자 밖으로 걸어나갈 때까지, 대체 너 뭘 생각한거야?

​

Little gay looking boy

게이 같은 모습의 아이야

​

So gay I can barely say it with a straight face looking boy

완전 게이라서 정색하고는 말도 제대로 안 나와

​

You witnessing a massacre

넌 지금 학살을 보고 있는거야

​

Like you watching a church gathering take place looking boy

마치 교회 모임이 벌어지고 있는 걸 보는 것처럼

(massacre와 "mass occur" ("미사가 벌어지다")의 발음이 같음을 이용한 펀치라인)

​

Oy vey, that boy's gay, that's all they say looking boy

Oy vey, 그놈은 게이야, 사람들은 온통 그 얘기 뿐

​

You get a thumbs up, pat on the back

엄지 손가락 올려주고, 등 두들겨줄게

​

And a way to go from your label everyday looking boy

그리고 메일 레이블에서는 잘했다고 칭찬 듣겠지

​

Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy?

헤이, 친구, 뭐라고 하는 거니?

​

I got a "hell yeah" from Dre looking boy

난 Dre가 "당연하지"라고 해준 사람이야

​

I'mma work for everything I have

내가 가진 모든 걸 위해 일하겠어

​

Never ask nobody for shit, get outta my face looking boy

아무에게도 뭘 요구하지 않아, 내 앞에서 비켜

​

Basically boy you're never gonna be capable

기본적으로 넌 나랑 같은 속도로

​

To keep up with the same pace looking boy

절대 따라잡을 수 없을거다

​

​

[Hook 3]

I'm beginning to feel like a Rap God, Rap God

뭔가 랩신이 된 거 같다고 느껴, 느껴

​

All my people from the front to the back nod, back nod

앞에서 뒤에까지 사람들은 모두 끄덕, 끄덕

​

The way I'm racing around the track, call me Nascar, Nascar

트랙 위를 달리는 걸 봐, 나를 Nascar라 불러, 불러

​

Dale Earnhardt of the trailer park, the White Trash God

트레일러 파크의 Dale Earnhart, 쓰레기 백인 신

​

Kneel before General Zod this planet's Krypton, no Asgard, Asgard

Zod 장군 앞에 무릎을 꿇어라, 이 행성은 Krypton, Asgard가 아냐, 아냐

(Zod - Superman 시리즈 (영화 Man of Steel 등)에 나오는, 크립톤 행성의 장군)

(Asgard - "Thor" ("토르") 시리즈의 배경이 되는 이세계)

​

​

[Verse 3]

So you be Thor and I'll be Odin, you rodent, I'm omnipotent

그래 넌 Thor해, 난 Odin할게, 이 쥐새끼, 난 전지전능해

(Odin은 Thor의 아버지입니다. 물론 북유럽 신화에 나오는 신들이죠)

​

Let off then I'm reloading immediately with these bombs I'm totin'

발사 후 즉시 내가 던지는 폭탄들로 재장전해

​

And I should not be woken

감히 깨워선 안 돼

​

I'm the walking dead, but I'm just a talking head, a zombie floating

나는 걸어다니는 시체, 하지만 말을 하는 머리일 뿐, 떠다니는 좀비

​

But I got your mom deep throating

하지만 니 엄마가 내 거시기를 빨아

​

I'm out my ramen noodle, we have nothing in common, poodle

나 완전 미쳤어, 우린 비슷한게 전혀 없어, 푸들아

​

I'm a doberman, pinch yourself in the arm and pay homage, pupil

난 도베르만, 니 팔 한 번 꼬집어보고 경의를 표해라, 제자야

​

It's me, my honesty's brutal

나야, 내 솔직함은 잔인하지

​

But it's honestly futile if I don't utilize what I do though

하지만 솔직히 내가 하는 짓을 제대로 써먹지 못하면 의미 없는 것

​

For good at least once in a while

영원히, 적어도 한 번은 말이지

​

So I wanna make sure somewhere in this chicken scratch I scribble and doodle

그러니까 내가 개발새발 써놓은 이 낙서 어딘가에

​

Enough rhymes to maybe to try and help get some people through tough times

사람들이 힘든 시기를 버텨내게 도와줄 라임이 충분한 걸 확인하고 싶어

​

But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned

하지만 펀치라인도 몇 개 넣어놔야지, 왜냐면 계약도 없는 래퍼들이

​

Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunchtime

점심시간인 것처럼 배고픈 얼굴로 날 쳐다보잖아

​

I know there was a time where once I

난 알고 있어, 한때는 내가

​

Was king of the underground, but I still rap like I'm on my Pharoahe Monch grind

언더그라운드의 왕이었지, 하지만 여전히 Pharoahe Monch처럼 거침없이 랩해

​

So I crunch rhymes, but sometimes when you combine

그래서 난 라임을 깨부숴, 하지만 가끔은 내

​

Appeal with the skin color of mine

피부색의 매력과 한때 뒤섞으면

​

You get too big and here they come trying to censor you

네 존재가 너무 커지고, 사람들은 널 검열하려 들지

​

Like that one line I said on "I'm Back" from the Marshall Mathers LP

예를 들자면 Marshall Mathers LP의 "I'm Back"에서 말했던 가사처럼

​

One where I tried to say I take seven kids from Columbine

그 왜, Columbine 고등학교 7명의 아이들을 데려다

(이 가사와 다음줄은 "I'm Back"의 실제 가사로, 검열 삭제된 부분입니다. 이 부분은 최악의 총기 난사 사건이 벌어졌던 Columbine 고등학교 사건을 인용한 문구입니다)

​

Put 'em all in a line, add an AK-47, a revolver and a nine

줄을 세우고, AK-47, 리볼버, 권총을 더하는 부분

​

See if I get away with it now that I ain't as big as I was, but

이번에는 잘 빠져나가나 보자고, 그때는 지금처럼 크지 못했지만

​

I've Morphed into an immortal coming through the portal

이제는 무적의 존재로 변하여 포탈을 뚫고 들어오지

​

You're stuck in a timewarp from 2004 though

넌 2004년 과거에 틀어박혀있어

​

And I don't know what the fuck that you rhyme for

대체 왜 라임을 하는 건지 모르겠어

​

You're pointless as Rapunzel with fucking cornrows

넌 콘로우 머리를 땋은 라푼젤 마냥 의미없어

(Rapunzel - 동화의 제목으로, 머리를 길게 늘어뜨려 왕자가 자신을 구하러 올 수 있게 밧줄로 썼던 공주)

​

You're like normal, fuck being normal

넌 그냥 평범함, 평범 따위 엿먹어

​

And I just bought a new Raygun from the future

난 방금 미래에서 레이저 총을 샀어

​

To just come and shoot ya like when Fabolous made Ray J mad

Fabolous가 Ray J를 화나게 했을 때처럼 가서 널 쏴주게

​

Cause Fab said he looked like a fag at Maywhether’s pad

Fab이 Mayweather의 파티에서 Ray J가 피아노 연주에 맞춰

​

Singin' to a man while they played piano

노래하는 거 보고 게이 같다고 했을 때 말야

(2011년 있었던 Fabolous vs Ray J 사건. Floyd Mayweather의 파티에서 Ray J가 "One Wish"를 부르는 모습이 TV를 통해 방영되었었는데, 이를 Fabolous가 조롱하는 듯한 트윗을 올렸었습니다)

​

Man, oh man, that was a 24/7 special on the cable channel

이런, 오 이런, 방금 껀 케이블 채널에서의 24/7 스페셜

​

So Ray J went straight to the radio station the very next day

그래서 Ray J는 바로 다음날 라디오 방송국으로 찾아가 말했다지

​

''Hey, Fab, I'mma kill you''

"야, Fab, 너 죽일거야"

(실제로 Ray J는 Fabolous가 트윗한 다음날 라디오 방송 The Breakfast Club에 전화해서 Fabolous를 협박했습니다)

​

Lyrics coming at you at supersonic speed, (JJ Fad)

초음속으로 네게 날아가는 가사들 (JJ Fad)

(JJ Fad - "Supersonic"이란 노래로 활동하였던 미국의 댄스 그룹)

​

Uh, sama lamaa duma lamaa you assuming I'm a human

Uh, sama lamaa duma lamaa 넌 내가 인간이라 생각하겠지

(앞부분은 JJ Fad의 노래 가사에 나오는 의미 없는 구절입니다)

​

What I gotta do to get it through to you I'm superhuman

내가 초인이라는 걸 알려주려면 어떻게 해야하는건지

​

Innovative and I'm made of rubber

혁명적인 데다가 고무로 만들어졌어

​

So that anything you saying ricocheting off of me and it'll glue to you

그래서 니가 말하는 건 나한테는 그냥 튕겨져나가고 너한테 달라붙을거야

​

I'm never stating, more than never demonstrating

난 절대 얘기해주지 않아, 절대로 보여주지 않아

​

How to give a motherfuckin' audience a feeling like it's levitating

관객들에게 공중부양하는 느낌을 주는 법을

​

Never fading, and I know that the haters are forever waiting

절대 사라지지 않아, 적들은 영원히 기다리겠지

​

For the day that they can say I fell off, they'd be celebrating

내가 추락했다고 말할 수 있는 날을, 파티라도 벌리겠지

​

Cause I know the way to get 'em motivated

그들에게 동기 부여하는 법을 알아

​

I make elevating music, you make elevator music

난 발전하는 (elevating) 음악을 만들고, 넌 엘리베이터 음악을 만들어

(elevator music - 엘리베이터 올라갈 때 나오는 음악을 뜻하며, 특히 가사 없는 노래를 이렇게 얘기하기도 합니다)

​

Oh, he's too mainstream

오, 그녀석 너무 메인스트림이야

(인터넷에서 별난 거 찾아듣기 좋아하는 매니아들이 하는 말버릇 "too mainstream")

​

Well, that's what they do when they get jealous, they confuse it

뭐 질투하면 다들 그렇게 하곤 하지, 혼란스러운거지

​

It's not hip hop, it's pop, cause I found a hella way to fuse it

이건 힙합이 아냐, pop (팝/폭발 소리)이야, 도화선에 불을 붙이는 법을 알았거든

​

With rock, shock rap with Doc

Doc과 함께 락과 쇼크 랩으로 말야

​

Throw on Lose Yourself and make 'em lose it

Lose Yourself를 틀고 그들을 미치게 해

​

I don't know how to make songs like that

어떻게 그런 노래를 만들 수 있는지 모르겠어

​

I don't know what words to use

무슨 가사를 써야할지 모르겠어

​

Let me know when it occurs to you

혹시 알게 되면 나도 말해주라

​

While I’m ripping any one of these verses diverse as you

난 너만큼이나 다양한 이 랩 구절들을 베끼고 있을게

​

It’s curtains, I’m inadvertently hurtin' you

커튼을 쳐, 난 무심코 너를 아프게 해

​

How many verses I gotta murder to prove

몇 개의 벌스를 죽여야 증명할 수 있겠니

​

That if you're half as nice at songs you can sacrifice virgins too

니가 노래를 내 절반만큼만 할 수 있다면 처녀성도 버릴 수 있단 걸

​

School flunkie, pill junky

학교 유급생, 약 중독자

​

But look at the accolades the skills brung me

하지만 스킬이 내게 가져다준 영예를 봐

​

Full of myself, but still hungry

자신감에 가득찼지만 여전히 배고파

​

I bully myself cause I make me do what I put my mind to

난 스스로를 괴롭혀, 한 번 결정한 짓을 막 나한테 시키거든

​

And I'm a million leagues above you, ill when I speak in tongues

그리고 난 너보다 100만 리는 앞서 있어, 언어 (tongue)로 얘기하면 멋져

​

But it's still tongue in cheek, fuck you

하지만 여전히 대충대충 하기지, 엿먹어

​

I'm drunk so Satan take the fucking wheel, I'm asleep in the front seat

나 취했으니까 사탄, 니가 운전해, 난 앞자리에서 잠든 채로

​

Bumping Heavy D and the Boys, still chunky, but funky

Heavy D and the Boys를 틀어, 여전히 퉁퉁하지만, 펑키해

(Chunky, but Funky - Heavy D and the Boys의 곡 제목 중 하나)

​

But in my head there's something I can feel tugging and struggling

하지만 머리 속으로는 뭔가 옴짝달싹해대는 게 느껴져

​

Angels fight with devils, here's what they want from me

악마와 싸우는 천사들, 이게 그들이 나한테서 원하는 것

​

They asking me to eliminate some of the women hate

여자들을 증오하는 마음을 버리라고

​

But if you take into consideration the bitter hatred that I had

하지만 내가 가졌던 쓰디쓴 증오를 잘 생각해본다면

​

Then you may be a little patient and more symphatetic to the situation

참을성을 좀 더 가지고 이 상황에 좀 더 공감하고

​

And understand the discrimation

내가 차별하는 이유를 알 수 있겠지

​

But fuck it, life's handing you lemons, make lemonade then

하지만 됐어, 삶은 네게 레몬을 주니까, 레모네이드라도 만들자고

(영어 속담으로, 주어진 상황이 힘들어도 잘 사용해서 성공하라는 뜻입니다)

​

But if I can't batter the women how the fuck am I supposed to bake them a cake then?

하지만 여자를 못 batter (두들겨패다/빵 반죽)하면 어떻게 케이크를 만들어줄 수 있겠어?

​

Don't mistake it for Satan

사탄이라고 착각하지마

​

It's a fatal mistake if you think I need to be overseas

내가 바다를 건너고 휴가를 써야만 trip a broad해서

​

And take a vacation to trip a broad

여자를 자빠뜨릴 수 있다 생각한다면

(trip a broad - 여자를 발을 걸어 넘어뜨리다 / trip abroad - 해외로 여행하다)

​

And make her fall on her face and don't be a retard

치명적인 실수야, 바보처럼 굴지마

​

Be a king? Think not - why be a king when you can be a God?

왕이 되라고? 아냐 됐어 - 신이 될 수 있는데 왜 왕이 돼?

​

​

​

https://youtu.be/DjgmbMeO1Gw

​

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

80년대 사진 몇장

korea 1977 This is a group of slides taken in Korea during July and August of 1977. I know nothing else about them-there were no notes on the slides. They came from ebay, and the seller knew nothing about them,either. I think many of them might have been taken in the Busan area.